Week 1 of the 2019 NFL season is in the books so without further ado we bring you the first edition of our “PSU in the NFL” series.
Saquon Barkley, Running Back, New York Giants (Team Captain)
- Barkley rushed for 120 yards on 11 carries while making four receptions for 19 yards in a 35-17 loss to the Cowboys.
Mike Gesicki, Tight End, Miami Dolphins
- Gesicki made two receptions for 31 yards in a 59-10 blowout loss to the Ravens.
Chris Godwin, Wide Receiver, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Godwin hauled in three receptions for 53 yards including one for a touchdown in the Buccaneers 31-17 loss to the 49ers.
DaeSean Hamilton, Wide Receiver, Denver Broncos
- On Monday Night Football, Hamilton caught just two passes for five yards, but hauled in a tricky third down conversion.
Jesse James, Tight End, Detroit Lions
- James made one reception for 15 yards in the Lions tie with the Cardinals.
Allen Robinson, Wide Receiver, Chicago Bears
- Robinson made seven receptions for 102 yards in the Bears’ loss to the Packers.
Miles Sanders, Running Back, Philadelphia Eagles
- Sanders made 11 carries 25 yards while grabbing one reception for two yards in the Eagles’ 32-27 win over the Redskins.
A.Q. Shipley, Center, Arizona Cardinals (Team Captain)
- Shipley was named a team captain for the 2019 season.
Donovan Smith, Offensive Tackle, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Played 69 snaps on Sunday, allowing one sack.
Robbie Gould, Kicker, San Francisco Giants
- Gould made both of his extra point attempts while going 3-4 on field goal attempts. His long for the day was a 47 yard field goal.
For The Glory Offensive Player of the Week:
This weeks offensive player of the week goes to Saquon Barkley as he picks up right where he left off last year. Fresh off the announcement naming him a team captain, Barkley made a few dazzling plays in Sunday’s opener. Check out one his first carries of the day.
Adrian Amos, Safety, Green Bay Packers
- Amos collected five total tackles and a game sealing interception in a 10-3 win over the Bears.
Troy Apke, Safety, Washington Redskins
- Apke tallied one tackle in the Redskins’ 32-27 loss to the Eagles.
Jack Crawford, Defensive End, Atlanta Falcons
- Crawford tallied two total tackles in a 28-12 loss to the Vikings.
Grant Haley, Cornerback, New York Giants
- Haley made four total tackles in the Giants loss to the Cowboys.
Austin Johnson, Defensive Tackle, Tennessee Titans
- Johnson made three total tackles in the Titans’ 43-12 win over the Browns.
DaQuan Jones, Defensive Tackle, Tennessee Titans
- Jones made three total tackles in the Titans win over the Browns.
Sean Lee, Linebacker, Dallas Cowboys
- Lee tallied just one tackle in the Cowboys win over the Giants.
Carl Nassib, Linebacker, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Team Captain)
- Nassib made two tackles in the Buccaneers loss to the 49ers.
Nick Scott, Safety, Los Angeles Rams
- Scott didn’t see any action in the Rams win over the Panthers.
Cameron Wake, Defensive End, Tennessee Titans
- Wake made three total tackles including 2.5 sacks. His sack safety on Baker Mayfield was his 100th career sack.
For the Glory Defensive Player of the Week:
This weeks defensive player of the week goes to the Cameron Wake who recorded his 100th career sack by taking down Browns’ quarterback Baker Mayfield in the endzone for a safety. Check it out.
Ryan Bates, Offensive Tackle, Buffalo Bills
Saeed Blacknall, Wide Receiver, Miami Dolphins
Brandon Bell, Linebacker, Carolina Panthers
Mike Hull, Linebacker, Miami Dolphins
Jordan Lucas, Safety, Kansas City Chiefs
Brendan Mahon, Offensive Guard, Carolina Panthers
Connor McGovern, Offensive Guard, Dallas Cowboys
Trace McSorley, Quarterback, Baltimore Ravens
Shareef Miller, Defensive End, Philadelphia Eagles
Amani Oruwariye, Cornerback, Detroit Lions
Nate Stupar, Linebacker, New York Giants
Trevor Williams, Cornerback, San Diego Chargers